Following the increase in cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19), Puffins Training would like to share the following advice with our learners.
Coronavirus is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways.
- How is Coronavirus spread?
As it is a new illness, it is not yet known how is spreads from person to person.
Similar viruses are spread via cough droplets.
- How can I avoid catching or spreading germs?
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitiser gel.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- What are the main symptoms of Coronavirus?
The main symptons are a cough, a high temperature and shortness of breath.
- What should I do if I think I have Coronavirus?
DO NOT go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
Call 111, stay indoors and avoid close contact with other people. Please also let your nursery manager know immediately.
- What does self-isolation mean?